Let's get married
The Heron Byre provides a rustic backdrop for country Scottish weddings, allowing you to make the space your own to reflect your taste and personality. In-house catering and bar services and inclusive furniture and tableware allow a comprehensive event package.
Natural light floods the Byre from floor to ceiling windows; this side of the building can be opened onto our private terrace on warmer days, providing a relaxed space to chat to family and friends whilst fully appreciating the stunning setting looking over the Lanarkshire countryside. Our wood burning stove provides a cosy ambience for those chillier days, and once the sun goes down you and your guests can enjoy the fairy light ceiling as you continue your celebrations into the evening.
Your venue hire comprises exclusive use of The Heron Byre from 9am the day before your wedding until 5pm the day after, allowing you access to decorate the venue as you wish.
While you add your final touches we can provide lunch or afternoon tea to kick off your celebrations, or even a post-wedding brunch.
Availability for 2024 and beyond
- Crockery, glassware, cutlery
- Tables, chairs, fairy lights
- Ample parking
- Bride’s Shepherds Hut
- Exclusive use of the Heron Byre, gardens and terrace
- Garden games
- Woodburning stove
- PA System
- Projector & screen
FULL PACKAGES FOR 100 GUESTS FROM £7500
inclusive of VAT
- Three day venue hire to give you time to decorate it in your style
- Food and drink provided by our fantastic in-house Heron team
- 50% venue hire deposit taken on day of booking to secure the date, balance due 6 weeks before the big day
FOOD & DRINK PACKAGES
Choose items from the list of delicious homemade canapes below:
- Mini Roast Beef & Yorkshire Puddings
- Haggis Bonbons
- Black Pudding & Truffle Mayo Bonbons
- Smoked Mackerel Pate on Oatcakes
- Mini Caprese Skewers
- Herbed Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Caramelized Onion Tartlets
- Cheddar Pin Wheels with Dijon & Serrano
- Homemade Sausage Rolls
- Brie, Pear and Rocket Skewers
- Watermelon & Feta Skewer
- Cocktail Sausages with Hoisin & Sesame
Choose one of the following farmhouse sharing platters served to each table:
- Beef Bourguignon – Slow braised beef in a rich red wine sauce served with confit garlic and rosemary mash & seasonal veg.
- Mediterranean Chicken – Roasted paprika chicken breast with chorizo, roasted red peppers and sundried tomatoes served with patatas bravas and a Mediterranean salad.
- Baked Salmon – Fillet of salmon in a bearnaise sauce, served with rosemary & parmesan roast potatoes and seasonal veg.
Tasty farmhouse favourites – choose one from the following list:
- Bangers & Mash – Choose from pork, beef, venison or pheasant & ginger sausages served with colcannon mash and shallot gravy.
- Three Cheese Macaroni – Creamy cheddar, mozzarella & parmesan sauce with a herby crumb and homemade garlic bread.
tie the knot with us
We are a family run small business and offer a friendly and professional event service to help advise and guide you. You can fully relax on the day knowing that we’ve got it covered.
We’d love to hear from you and help you start planning!
To discuss your wedding, please get in touch